The cone is a three-dimensional solid figure with a circular base and a vertex. If a perpendicular straight line connect the
vertex to the base midpoint, the cone is called a right cone. Otherwise, it is an oblique cone. In all cases, this straight line also is the cone height.
• Base: surface of the circle of the cone base;
• Radius: radius of the cone base;
• Base surface: base area of the cone;
• Lateral surface: curved surface connected by the apex of the cone and the circumference;
• Vertex or apex: a fixed point where all the points of the lateral curve, not connected to the base are joined;
• Height: perpendicular distance from the cone base plane to the apex;
How to calculate the elements of a Cone.
Right Triangle Isosceles Triangle Equilateral Triangle Scalene Triangle Square Rectangle Trapezium Right-Angled Trapezoid Isosceles Trapezoid Rhombus Regular polygon Polygon names Circle Pyramid Triangle pyramid Square pyramid Rectangular pyramid Cube Prism Rectangle Prism Cone Cylinder Sphere