Pyramid is a three-dimensional figure with triangular sides and polygonal base.
So, we have, for example, the pyramids: triangular, rectangular, hexagonal and decagonal.
In the Egypt, are the most famous and ancient pyramids. The pyramid of Giza, with a square base, is the largest and know as one of the seven ancient wonders of the world .
All regular pyramids has a regular polygon as a base. A regular polygon has equal sides.
When the pyramid height has its points at the apex and midpoint of base, the pyramid is right. On the contrary is oblique.
• Lateral face: each of the side triangles forming the pyramid;
• Base: a polygon that does not touch on the top of the pyramid;
• Vertex: junction of each pair of side edges. Also called apex;
• Height: distance between the horizontal plane of the base to the apex of the pyramid;
• Edges: line segment where two sides meet;
• Slant height: distance from the vertex to the midpoint of the side of the base. The apothem is also the height of the sides.
How to calculate the elements of a Pyramid.
Right Triangle Isosceles Triangle Equilateral Triangle Scalene Triangle Square Rectangle Trapezium Right-Angled Trapezoid Isosceles Trapezoid Rhombus Regular polygon Polygon names Circle Pyramid Triangle pyramid Square pyramid Rectangular pyramid Cube Prism Rectangle Prism Cone Cylinder Sphere